Vegan Dunkaroos



     I can remember being a child and being utterly surprised when my mother put a pack of dunkaroos in my lunchbox. Fast forward a few, ok a lot, of years and the once heavenly treat of my child hood came back in a youtube video. I knew the moment I saw these I had to make them for myself...I mean my children, think of the children. 

     I followed the directions from Liv B's video, click here, with adding just a few of my own touches. 
Try them out, let me know what you think! I know my kids LOVED them, and my lead teacher and I ate a whole little container of them the next morning at work



Here is what you will need:

Cookies: 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil 1/3 cup sugar 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, for a flax egg 1 1/4 cups flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla
3-4 spoonfuls of sprinkles...make it as colorful as you want Frosting:
1 tbsp vegan butter 1 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of sprinkles as much powdered sugar as you need to make a frosting consistency
Mix flax and water and set it aside. This will create the flax egg. Cream together the sugar, vanilla and butter. Add the flax egg and combine. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Slowly add the sry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring to form a dough. Roll the dough until its about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out the shapes, we choose stars and circles and put on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts