Vegan Puppy Chow



     I have been making my children's school lunches ever since they started school. In the last year or so I have given their lunches a bit of a redo...switching the salty bag of chips for veggies and hummus or even homemade crackers and the sad peanut butter and jelly for roasted veggie roll ups or veggie sushi. The one thing I know that my children love though is finding something sweet tucked into the corners of their lunch boxes, I mean who doesn't! So even though my children eat a pretty well balanced meal I do add in something fun to every lunch.

     This week I made a huge batch of puppy chow. Its just plain rice cereal, some vegan chocolate and powdered sugar. You can change it up many ways replacing the chocolate for almond butter, using a flavored rice cereal instead of plain, the possibilities are endless. This one is my children favorite though. Whatever is leftover, toss into a Ziploc bag and put it in the fridge. It last about a week in the refrigerator but in my house it never last that long.

4 cups of rice cereal
10 oz of vegan white chocolate chips
about 1 cup of confectioners sugar
sprinkles! of course

First take the chocolate and melt it in a glass bowl in 30 second increments in the microwave.

Once melted, add in the rice cereal and mix until the cereal is covered.

Now here's where you can get your kids involved. Place the powdered sugar and sprinkles into a large Ziploc bag, spoon the cereal into the bag, close tight and let the kids shake shake shake. 

When all the pieces are covered you are all done!

Divide it up or eat it right of the bag....its all up to you!

Comments

Popular Posts